August 23, 2008




After stumbling in the door and sleeping for fifteen hours here's the vacation blog: We started out with a night in Mesquite. Then headed up to Fresno to visit some of the families that Alex had spent the last two years with. We had dinner with one of his favorite families who made his favorite meal, Tri-tip roast, Carne Asada, and Doritos. Then we headed down to the Sequia National Park. It was beautiful. The trees are ginormous! The pictures simply do not do the massive trees justice. We then cruised on down to Visalia and went to dinner with another family close to Alex. On Sunday we attended church in Porterville and after two sacrament meetings we took our numb hinies out to the car and headed for...you guessed it the DISNEYLAND! Hooray! We got there at about six o'clock and headed over to California Adventure for some Adventure. We all oddly agreed to go on Soarin' Over California first. I think that driving though all the orange groves and California countryside had put us in the mood. We did wait in an excruciatingly long line for the new Toy Story Mania ride. It was great and well worth the wait. You score points and I will have you all know that I am the Champion over Joel! Yes that is right ladies and gents I beat Joel and a video game! After our fill of all the rides and lines we hit some of the shows. Turtle Talk with Crush, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, and The Jedi Training Academy being our favorites. After many adventures with pirates, talking turtles and being splashed until our shoes sloshed our little legs couldn't stand any longer and we headed reluctantly home.












7 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! I love Disneyland. That was one of the agreements Eric and I had if he went to school in Clai. we get Disney passes! I'm glad you had fun!

Peter and Katie said...

Em, I am so glad we have found each other through the wonderful world of blogging. I am very jealous about Disneyland. I can't believe Alex has already served a mission, I swear we aren't old enough to have had your little brother already go on a mission and come home. Too crazy! glad you had fun.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun!!! I want to take my daughter their I think she will have fun....(even though right now he is screaming in her room at 10:00 at night because she does not want to go to bed!!!!! I would still take her) Disneyland is just to much fun.

Shelley said...

What a great way to finnish off summer. You guys have done so much!! I feel really good about you seeing Billy Hill - he is my FAVORITE! I love the billy hill that has fake teeth.

skuluave said...

What a fun Vacation!!! I am totally jealous! I have wanted to see the redwoods forever!!!... maybe someday.

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

You guys are so fun. Thanks for the James Dashner info!

Michelle said...

looks like you guys had a blast!!