Today I did the dreaded thing that is now renewing your drivers license. It is a nightmare. You have to bring every imaginable document to prove who you are. I think if I wanted to steal someone's identity I would just go down to the drivers license office and mug someone. They are are all carrying their original birth certificates, original social security cards, marriage licenses, old drivers licenses, and their credit card/bank statements. It's an identity thieves' dreamland. Anyway I had to start by getting my birth certificate and marriage license out of the safety deposit box. Then my mom and I went to the DLD in Orem. The line was out the door and we were told it was about a 3 and 1/2 hour wait. Ridiculous. So since Paxton was happily being watched by my dad and Alex we decided to try the DLD in Provo. We got there at 4 and were told that we would get a "Stand-by" number and if they got through all the people they would help the stand-bys. We decided to stick it out and hope to get helped. I was lucky enough to be one of the last people that day to be helped. I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to come back as we ran out the building! I really felt bad for the people in line behind us. So in short, bring the paperwork you need and the wait is long so bring a good book. I suggest Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I just finished it and it was great.
January 25, 2010
Here is the cool part of this post:
While we were waiting at the DLD we heard rumors about the Church announcing a new temple in Payson! When I finally got home Joel and I check the Church website and sure enough we found this announcement. So the rumors are true but here is the coolest part. In the article it lists the address of the temple. If you look that the google map you can see a church just south of the red box that will be the temple grounds. Our lot is just to the west of that church and is three house lots away from the temple! We are so very excited and can't wait to get started on our own construction job!
Posted by Em at 8:08 PM
Labels: Payson House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ya, rub it in, I got go get mine renewed in a couple weeks. Worse Mom already decorated my birth certificate, hope they don't mind a few stickers around the edges...
Post a Comment