May 17, 2010

The last few Saturday's I have been playing the part of "Hooker" while we are flying the trusses on the houses. (No--not the fish net wearin' lady on the corner! Sheesh get your mind out of the gutter!) I hook the trusses up to the chains on the crane and make sure that the right trusses are going up in the right order. (Get it?? HOOKER? I think it's funny!) While the trusses are in the air I hold a rope tied to one end and guide them a lot like a kite. Joel walks the walls and secures the trusses to the house. Our house was the most challenging to fly the trusses on so far. Not because the truss layout was complicated, but because they haven't put the dirt in our backyard up to the foundation so we have a gigantic chasm in the backyard. This made walking the back walk a little sketchy for Joel, but he only got knocked in the head once and didn't even lose his balance! We enjoy the crane operator, Monte, he is super patient with us and likes to joke around and tease. If the dudes on the walls are being slow he will rev his engine to get them to hustle and he likes to move the crane up and down while I am trying to hook the trusses. We are glad he comes and helps make it fun for us!












We are moving right along! Before we know it we will be residents of Payson! :)

P.S. I don't think I said that, "THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!"

3 comments:

jay and holl said...

cool never seen the trusses go up before, just on the ground then poof they were on the roof so it is cool t see how they do it!

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

I always knew you wanted to be a hooker.

Lindsay said...

The house is looking nice!!! And yes you can come visit anytime!!! We would love it.